Optimates Optimates

Monday, September 18, 2006

The Republican Delegate from Albany

You heard it here first: barring a recount, challenge, or some other disqualification, I will be headed to Concord in two weeks as my town's delegate to the state Republican Convention!

I have absolutely no idea what to expect, it being my first convention and all. I have been told we're going to be voting on the official party platform, but I don't know if that means we'll be hammering out particular planks or just saying "aye!" whenever someone with a microphone instructs us to vote.

Thanks in no small part to the New Hampshire Supreme Court, the issue of education funding has become a campaign issue again. I don't know how hotly the issue will be debated at the convention, though: the party may prefer to get lock-step behind the proposed amendment.

At the very least, I'll get a chance to mingle with my fellow GOP'ers and engage in some fine dialogue. But on the outside chance that substantive issues are to be discussed or decided, do I have any requests from the floor for any policy proposals? Now's your time to influence Republican politics at the grass roots!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home