Optimates Optimates

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

D-Day Update

I just spoke with Tacitean and his dad. When describing how the surgery went, the doctors kept using the word "outstanding." Tac's mom donated a very healthy kidney, and his brother's body has accepted it so far. The new organ has already started working better than his previous two combined!

Tac's mom and brother are now recovering, and the doctors are optimistic that they could come home as early as Friday or Saturday.

This is definitely great news so far! We'll keep you posted.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Wow, I can't believe you spelled the whole word out....

I'm glad to hear the surgery went well, and I'm thinking good kidney thoughts and wishes for the whole Tacitean family.....

07 June, 2006 12:02  
Blogger Joshua said...

Last night my brother told me that the medical staff are "in awe" of him. Apparently his physical (and psychological) recovery is proceeding better and faster than most people's at a similar stage.

In addition, the new kidney has nearly cleared all of the toxins that had stored up in his body over the past year of dialysis. His creatine levels have come down from 13 to 3 - in two days! For adequate comparison, my most recent level was about 1.5 and yours (assuming perfect kidney health) is probably about 1.

He's really feeling great and - oddly - appreciates all the support. He didn't sound surly at all, actually. Weird... ;)

08 June, 2006 12:32  
Blogger Defalco said...

What part of Boy do you people not understand? It doesn't matter if I perfectly healthy and doing cartwheel down the road using my face or on my death bed drugged up to the moon. Boy is boy and boy is surly. It's...what I do.

-Boy
ps. Although I do appreciate the support.

10 June, 2006 08:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home