Optimates Optimates

Friday, February 17, 2006

Fingers crossed

Fingers crossed: Yesterday my brother and mother went to the doctor's in Portland for some further tests, and we have discovered that their blood types match and they match for three of the genetic markers. Even their antibodies get along! This is excellent, excellent news. Some more tests have to be performed, of course, but the optimistic timetable is that my brother could have a kidney (from my mother, no less!) by late April! I do understand that the optimistic timetable is never the realistic one, but I'm all for cautious optimism right now. Fingers crossed, everybody!

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

This is excellent news! All thoughts and prayers are with him.

17 February, 2006 11:22  
Blogger gcolbath said...

That is, indeed, excellent news! I'm glad to hear that. Also, with your mom donating the kidney, there'll be no worrying about those pesky "waiting lists"...

17 February, 2006 17:52  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prayers?! Why the bloody hell would I want prayers? Order me a pizza. And some cherry coke.
Or better yet gimme $16,480 to pay the dialysis bill.....prayers......

-Boyie

19 February, 2006 20:50  

Post a Comment

<< Home