Optimates Optimates

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Wow: I had myself a religious experience yesterday while standing in the virgin (ha!) megastore with headphones on listening to Mary J Blige and U2 team up on One. My skeptical agnosticism is well know, but there is a the rare event where I am sorely tempted to Believe and this was one of them. I'm sure that track is old news for most of you since it was apparently recorded at the Katrina benefit concert a while back, but yesterday was my first encounter. Slate was similarly impressed with the track and her whole new album.

I am reminded of what Tacitean said about art taking you out of yourself. I'm not sure where I was when I heard that track, but it wasn't the Virgin Megastore in Union Square.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joshua said...

Friggin' good, isn't it?

17 January, 2006 14:41  
Blogger Chris said...

Yeah, "downloaded the entire album to check it out" good.

17 January, 2006 16:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home