Optimates Optimates

Sunday, January 08, 2006

We are not alone: My friends, our pro-Claudia Black sentiments are shared by many in the World Wide Internets. We've got this aptly-named site literally counting down the days until the reappreance of Vala Mal Doran (seriously, "Vala-Dictorians"... why didn't I think of that?).
Also at the site are comments from Michael Shanks (Daniel Jackson) and Amanda Tapping (Sam Carter) on Vala.

Shanks money quote:
"Claudia is the first actor I’ve met whose brain actually operates at the same speed as mine. Scary, huh?” laughs Shanks. “Working with her on Prometheus Unbound was a gift, and a real blessing to meet someone who’s a true touchstone in many different ways. “Obviously, having Claudia back this year was a treat. I don’t think I’ve ever smiled and laughed quite so much on this show. Claudia brings so many ideas to the table all the time. When it comes to our two characters, we see them as having a sort of Spencer Tracy/Katharine Hepburn dynamic, not so much of tension but rather constant antagonism. Their bickering leads to a lot of comedy and always spices up dull exposition scenes. Vala brings out a side of Daniel that I hadn’t really had the chance to play before. She pushes certain buttons on him that no one else is able to, and I just love that.” Michael Shanks' interview in TV Zone Special #64

Tapping says it all:
"[Vala] is such fun, and Claudia plays her so beautifully. To be honest, after I watched one of the early episodes from [Season 9], I was actually worried that audiences would embrace Vala so much that when I came back they’d do, ‘Oh no, not boring Sam Carter again. We like that cool Vala character, Keep her around instead." Amanda Tapping on Claudia in the latest TV Zone Magazine

I'm glad Amanda agrees with us.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Yes Amanda, you should be worried. Perhaps if your acting ability had more than a single dimension we'd see a reason to keep you around.

09 January, 2006 11:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home