Optimates Optimates

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Random fun: Via Volokh, I found a fun little 'quiz' on what sort of legal scholar you are. It's in the vein of "which Brady Bunch character are you?" and related quizzes.
The quiz itself can be found here. I expect to see everyone's answer in comments!
Other stuff: Riotous fun going on in the 'Sin' post (directly below) and the 'Local Democracy' post (found here).
As for the oft-heard complaint that there should be a "recently commented on" menu taskbar, well, all I can say is the HTML Gnomes are working on it. Patience, please.

4 Comments:

Blogger Joshua said...

My Law answer is:

"You are the Rule of Lenity! You interpret
ambiguities in penal statutes in favor of the
accused. You're a laid-back kind of rule and
concerned with not being too quick to judge.
You're soft on crime."

26 January, 2006 13:20  
Blogger Kelly said...

You are the Golden Rule! You presume that the legislature would not want to apply the statute to achieve an unreasonable or absurd result inconsistent with its purpose. It's not what's on the surface that matters for you, and you try to do what's best in any given situation. You're a bit unpredictable, but you don't mind.

Mine's better than yours.

26 January, 2006 13:34  
Blogger Pascals Bookie said...

I'm rule of lenity! Marking the first time that Tacitean and I are in agreement!

And yeah, ever since I was a little kid I've always sided with the accused except in the most extreme circumstances. When I was nine, I was on Noriega's side. (I didn't know much.)

26 January, 2006 14:08  
Blogger Joshua said...

You and I are on the same side? The quiz is flawed...

26 January, 2006 14:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home