Optimates Optimates

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

English in India, further thoughts... I am curious to see if the use of English in India will have an effect of the dynamic of language studies that have been in place there for quite some time. I study with quite a few Indian students (and, from that, I know that India is a huge up-and-comer in the industrial/design/technology world), and each student has to learn three Indian languages: the language of their own state, the language of a neighboring state, and the "master" Indian language. I am curious to see if this changes at all, with English becoming more popular in India.

In mostly unrelated news (and I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, though other threads, or what-have-you), I thought I'd mention a really great site for quickly browsing headlines and accessing news sources. It's a visualization from Marumushi.com, and it's called NewsMap. You can find it here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home